This one-day introductory training provides individuals and organizations with the background and resources they need to create effective outreach to veterans in their local communities.
- Gabe Nutter — combat vet from Iraq, and educational consultant with the DOD.
- Beverly Prestwood-Taylor — international trauma heailng trainer
- Todd Farnsworth — author and practioner of Emotional Freedom Technique.
Who should attend?
- Community leaders, healthcare professionals, firefighters, police officers, teachers, social workers, veterans and active duty military, families of veterans.
- Anyone who wants to know more about how to support veterans and active duty military as they return from deployment.
What will you learn?
- What are the positive and negative effects of combat and their impact on re-entry.
- How to support vets as the re-enter civilian life
- What specific support vets need at different points in their journey home from war.
Got Your Back is based on Trauma Resilience training developed for the 9/11 aftermath. The training is led by Brookfield Institute (www.brookfieldinstitute.org) co-founder Rev. Dr. Beverly Prestwood-Taylor, an international trauma healing practitioner.
Thank you to Country Bank. Their support made this workshop possible.